With rich traditions and history, Adams County offers the best of suburban and rural life – vibrant cities, quiet towns, and miles of recreation. Located in the Denver metro area, Adams County is the state’s 5th largest county serving a population of more than 522,000 residents. Adams County is home to the cities of Brighton, Commerce City, Federal Heights, Northglenn, and Thornton; portions of Arvada, Aurora, Lochbuie, and Westminster; and the Town of Bennett. Unincorporated communities include Henderson, Strasburg, and Watkins.
The area of Adams County is about 759,000 acres.
North to South - 17 miles
East to West - 72 miles
- County Population - 522,140 people
- Persons under 5 years - 6.3%
- Persons under 18 years - 25.2%
- Persons 65 years and over - 11.0%
- Housing Units (July 2021) - 191,383
- County Population - 519,572 people
2019 Estimates - U.S. Census Bureau
- County Population - 517,421 people
- Total Residents 18 and over - 382,374
- Housing Units in Adams County - 178,519
Adams County had the 10th highest growth rate in the State of Colorado
from 2000 to 2010. The median age of Adams County residents is 32.4.
- County Population - 441,603 people
- Unincorporated Adams County Population - 89,163
- Total Residents 18 and over - 302,382
- Housing Units in Adams County - 155,999
American Community Survey - 1 year - 2010
The American Community Survey (ACS) is an ongoing statistical survey that is annually conducted by the United States Census Bureau. The survey gathers information previously contained only in the long form of the decennial census. The ACS data are estimates (not counts) of population and housing characteristics collected throughout the year.
In order to help communities, state governments, and federal programs, the ACS gathers information such as age; sex; race; family and relationships; income and benefits; health insurance; education; veteran status; disabilities; where you work and how you get there; and where you live and how much you pay for essentials. The collected information is combined into statistics that are used by communities and agencies to plan investments and services.
The following reports are only a subset of the information available on the US Census Bureau's web page.
- Educational Attainment
- Employment Status
- Demographics and Housing
- Geographic Mobility
- Language Spoken at Home
- Poverty Status in Past 12 Months
- Select Economic Characteristics
- Select Social Characteristics
- Time Leaving for Work
- Transportation (means of) to Work