Colorado Beekeeper Associate Trainee Program
The CSU Extension Office in Adams County is offering a Colorado Beekeeper Associate Trainee Program that will get you up to speed with the art and science of beekeeping in Colorado. Program cost is $200 and the deadline to apply is Thursday, Jan. 31. All training dates, time, and location are listed below - must complete all to be certified. Sign up today or call 303.637.8100 for more information.
- Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 28, March 7, March 14, March 21, and March 28, 6-9 p.m.
Riverdale Regional Park, 9755 Henderson Rd., Brighton
Spring Vegetable Gardening Classes
The CSU Extension Office in Adams County, in partnership with Brighton Shares The Harvest, is offering four backyard vegetable gardening classes this spring. Classes will be held at Riverdale Regional Park, 9755 Henderson Rd., Brighton, and are $10 per person or $30 for all four classes. Schedule and class offerings are:
- Introduction to Vegetable Gardening: Learn the basics of vegetable gardening. Topics will include plant needs, soil amendments, irrigation, fertility, and raised bed gardening.
Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m.-noon or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Season Extension: This session will cover the basics of season extension including building and operating cold frames and low tunnels and other tactics to gain a few more weeks of the erratic growing season.
Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m.-noon or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Growing Small Fruits on the Front Range: Small fruits such as raspberries, blackberries, grapes, and strawberries can be some of the most productive and reliable plants in your garden. This class will introduce students to the basics of growing these species and more.
Saturday, April 13, 10 a.m.-noon or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Vegetable Varieties and Tips for the Front Range: Learn tips for selecting, growing, and harvesting common and some uncommon types of vegetables for our area.
Saturday, May 11, 10 a.m.-noon or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Eric Hammond.
Dig in to Backyard Gardening
Interested in improving your lawn? Want to grow more of your own food? At a loss about which tree to plant and how to care for it? Dig in to these issues and more with a morning of educational talks from your Colorado State University Extension agents and specialists. Attend three classes of your choosing. The day will conclude with door prizes.
- Saturday, March 2, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., The Ranch, McKee Building, 5260 Arena Circle, Loveland
- Session 1: Top 10 Tree Care Tips or Gardening for Pollinators
- Session 2: Best Lawn on the Block or Growing Small Fruits
- Session 3: Favorite Trees and Shrubs or Raised Beds and Containers
Register for $25 today or contact Eric Hammond for more information.